Prep Transition Program Information
We have a wide range of transition experiences available across the year to help prepare your child for Prep. Please like and follow us on Facebook or visit our website for the latest information.
Term 1 – School Tours
Regular school tours are scheduled throughout term 1. Dates, times and booking information is available on our website.
Term 2 - Prep Taster sessions
Join us for a taste of prep at Plenty Parklands Primary School. Sessions will involve classroom based activities and specialist experiences to give children the opportunity to experience some of what Plenty Parklands offers.
Dates, times and booking information is available on our website in term 2.
Term 3 - School Readiness session
Enrolled children will be invited to attend a school readiness session. The session will involve classroom based activities and specialist experiences. It will give children the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the Prep area and meet other children that will be commencing at Plenty Parklands. Children will interact with a range of staff who will be working with them the following year.
Date and time of session will be provided to families when enrolment is confirmed.
Term 4 - Formal Prep Transition program
Children will attend three classroom based sessions with current Prep teachers. Sessions will occur across several weeks with teachers using these sessions to help determine the class make up for the following year. Children will have the opportunity to continue building relationships with staff and other children to help prepare them for their prep year.
Enrolled families will be notified of dates and times of sessions.
2024 Enrolment Information
The Department of Education has a statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline. If you wish enrol a student in years 1-6, please complete the application form below and submit to the school office.
Information on how to find, enrol, and start a child in your care at a school in Victoria is available on the Victorian government website.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Plenty Parklands Primary School.
You can find information and resources about the enrolment timeline at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Plenty Parklands Primary from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school office on 9404 4311 to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process. You can also book for school tours online.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
- Submit an Application to Enrol in a Victorian Government School for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023.
- We will assess eligibility to attend based on our school zone and the Department’s Placement Policy (see the School zones section below for more information)
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023 and collect an enrolment pack.
- Submit the enrolment pack and additional required documents.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy
Our Local Neighbourhood Area
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined based on your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions