At Plenty Parklands, we cover the first two stages of learning.
YEAR PREP TO 4 (EARLY YEARS)
In these years the curriculum focuses on developing the fundamental knowledge, skills and behaviours in literacy and numeracy and other areas including physical and social capacities which underpin all future learning.
YEARS 5 TO 8 (MIDDLE YEARS)
In these years students progress beyond the foundations and their literacy and numeracy becomes more developed. An expanded curriculum program provides the basis for in depth learning within all domains in the three learning strands.
PPPS has set up a structure that provides the following programs to ensure optimum learning for all students, irrespective of their socio-economic, cultural, religious or family background or intellectual ability.
In addition to the classroom programs, students at PPPS are provided with:
- Specialist programs for Visual Arts, Music, Drama, Physical Education/Sport, Languages (Indonesian) and eLearning
- Co-curricular programs - dance, keyboard, swimming, gymnastics, biennial concert
- Extra curricular - chess club, rock band, choir
- Citizenship - Junior School Council, buddies for Preps, student fund raising
- Year 6 Presentation Night
- Support Programs - Prep information, EAL, Early Years Literacy support, Early Years Numeracy support, Disabilities program
- Extension - Gifted Education