We educate children as lifelong learners to thrive in our rapidly changing and increasingly connected world.
2024 Prep Enrolment Information
The Department of Education has a statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline. If you wish enrol a student in years 1-6, please complete the application form below and submit to the school office.
Information on how to find, enrol, and start a child in your care at a school in Victoria is available on the Victorian government website.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Plenty Parklands Primary School.
You can find information and resources about the enrolment timeline at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Plenty Parklands Primary from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school office on 9404 4311 to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process. You can also book for school tours online.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
- Submit an Application to Enrol in a Victorian Government School for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023.
- We will assess eligibility to attend based on our school zone and the Department’s Placement Policy (see the School zones section below for more information)
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023 and collect an enrolment pack.
- Submit the enrolment pack and additional required documents.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy
Prep 2024 School Tours
If you wish to attend a School Tour, please contact our office on 9404 4311 to confirm availability and secure your place. Tours for Term 3 will be held at 9.30am on the following dates:
Tuesday 5 September
Blossom Into Prep
To support our 2024 Prep children make a smooth transition into school we will be offering a number of transition sessions during term 2 and 3 for children to become familiar with our school setting before our formal transition sessions commence in term 4.
During term 2 interested families can register their children to attend different sessions to experience the school and our learning spaces. In term 3 enrolled children will be encouraged to attend a number of school readiness sessions where they will participate in activities designed to prepare them for the transition to school.
We encourage parents to tour the school and attend our school information evening and other school events open to the public so that you can experience all our school has to offer.
Outside School Hours Care 2023 - New Provider "TheirCare"
From 2023, our school has partnered with a new provider called TheirCare to provide exceptional Outside School Hours Care services for our school community.
The program is available for all children at Plenty Parklands Primary School from 7:00am until 8:45am in the morning and from 3:30pm until 6:00pm each school day.
During School Holidays & Pupil Free Days the service will operate from 7:00am until 6:00pm.
Families wishing to use this service can visit the TheirCare website: www.theircare.com.au
Information about their service and the costs for before and after school care are attached below.
Plenty Parklands is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. This will be the primary focus of our care and decision-making.
PPPS has zero tolerance for child abuse.
PPPS is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
Enrolment - Our Local Neighbourhood Area
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined based on your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.